Thursday, January 10, 2008

MATHEW WALSHIN BUDDY FEELS MEXICAN HEAT




It appears that El Presidente Felipe Calderon made the phone call to Quintana Roo. The Dana Rishpy disappearance investigation has taken a new momentum. A statement from Flor Pastrana Flores, a long time acquaintance of suspect Mathew Walshin, has appeared in the comment section of YFP. It is hot in Mexico, but the police are increasing the temperature on Flor. And while Mathew leisurely bounces from one hippie beach community to another on the West coast, Flor is left to sweat it out under the interrogation lamp.

Friends since 1996, one would think that he would appear in her defense. Mathew was born into the upper class. He is the son of a prominent California attorney. But his politically liberal lifestyle seems to have ended when it comes to helping this poor, indigenous woman who peddles jewelry to earn a living. Flor may indeed take the rap for Mathew by default. Quintana Roo authorities are now in the spotlight again and they are obligated to indict someone.

If Flor Pastrana goes to jail for Mathew Walshin's failure to cooperate, it would yet be another tragedy in the Dana Rishpy saga. But then again...."Mati" does have a problem with women.
Except, this one was his friend. The translation of Pastrana's statement to police is as follows:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The declaration of Flor Pastrana Flores in the City of Tulum, municipality of Quintana Roo, 12:00pm, December 28, 2007 heard before agent Jaime Ramiro Yamyam. The Public Ministry.
The actions and signature are of Flor Pastrana who comes before me in good faith.

The purpose of this claim states Flor Pastrana is that I am an honest person and I freely give all the information I know to the authorities with respect to the facts of the disappearance of Dana Rishpy. I want to state that I am not the owner of the apartment that Mathew Walshin rented.
I did know Mathew however and saw him on various occasions abroad and here in Mexico. I saw him in Palenque and Mayabel in 1996. I also visited him in Hawaii. In 2001, we saw each other again. I never had a relationship with Mathew in any form except as a friend.

The last time I saw him was here, in Tulum where he was living in a bungalow in mid April. At that time, I advised him that he could rent an apartment in the back of the hotel for 1100 pesos. Mathew did rent the apartment.

I also want to mention that there is a Ms. Mayela who works for a boutique called SUWUS
on Tulum Avenue. She has told me that she is under police protection. She has threatened me and called me a liar. She said that the police have me by the neck and that they are going to crucify me. In reality, I have no relationship with her. She does not know me well enough to make such accusations.

I want to make it publicly known via the media and the internet that my name has been defamed by false information. I am a person beyond reproach and I have never lied in relation to the facts of this case. My friendship with Mathew was casual.

My occupation is selling jewelry crafts to different boutiques in the Riviera Mayan area. I have nothing to hide. I call upon people who have information on this case to come forward. I call upon them to clarify the defamation that I am being subjected to.

Signed, Flor Pastrana Flores.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is going to far to say flor will be arrested for this case. she has nothing to do with this case other than she knows mati....like many people....including myself. do you people have any idea the effect you have on people who are trying to live a normal life,who have nothing to do with this case. it's sad this happened to that poor traveler..I hope they find the truth out, but until there is evedence or a confession...there is nothing or no reason to point out the finger to other people,and publish it here. I lived in tulum for 2 years and I know these people personaly. I do not think anyone is guilty that has been mentioned here in this saga.I posted flor's statement because this website has a statement that she is lied in her testimony...which is not true. Stop createing more drama in this. these are real people

Anonymous said...

flor made this statement because it was printed here that she lied in her testimony....which is false.she made the statement to show she is telling the truth and not affraid to prove it.her statment has nothing to do with the presedent of mexico nor dana...it has to do with slander.why are you twisting things that you do not know fully. why publish something that affects others if it is only your judgment?why not list the names of the cops, who are doing nothing. I lost a buddy in tulum about 1 year ago due to a car wreck. the other driver paid the cops and they wrote it up that my buddy was drunk and high(lies) and to blame for the wreck...even though the other truck was in his lane in the picture in the "por esto" newspaper. the cops did this for a favor of the other driver and his bribe. the cops in tulum are not worth the uniform they wear. attention needs to be drawn to this rather than the innocent people who live there.have you been to tulum and met anyone who you have published in this "saga"? or are you just sitting behind a desk tring to see what sounds good as a story.Expose the corroption that is in tulum police dept and then you'll have something real and not a saga.

Online Pharmacy said...

this is a terrible situation, and for disgrace is more common all the days, the drug traffic must be stopped in this moment, all the people that commit some crime while they work in this business must pay.