Thursday, April 3, 2008

OGNIBENE NOT INVITED TO THE PARTY


Tom Ognibene is a whiny crybaby (www.queenscrap.blogspot.com)
A copy of the following letter was received by the Queens Gazette.

Hon. Philip Ragusa Chairman, Queens County Republican Party 14-15 157th Street Whitestone, N.Y. 11357

Dear Phil:

I was shocked and dismayed to learn that the Queens County Executive Committee of the County Republican Party met on March 26th, 2008 for the purpose of endorsing a candidate in the 30th Council District Special Election without extending an invitation to me. As you may recall, I made a personal phone call to you two (2) weeks ago to notify you that I had filed with the Board of Elections and with the New York City Campaign Finance Board as an official candidate for election to that vacated office.

It is unfathomable that you would hold a clandestine meeting and invite only one of the announced candidates to speak and ask for the county support. As you are aware, I served as the first councilman in the newly created 30th Council District for ten (10) years, seven (7) of which were served as the Minority Leader of the City Council, the second highest elected Republican office in the City of New York. Many of my colleagues in the party, including you personally, and in government, had advised me that they believed my service to both my community and to the party represented the hallmark of dedicated service by an elected official.

In a time of political and electoral turmoil, where the candidates must run for the above office three (3) times in 18 months and dedicate their time to election rather than governmental matters, I believe my 'hands-on" experience and proven record make me an ideal candidate that will be ready to serve on day one. I would have greatly appreciated the opportunity to make my case before the members of our Executive Committee, and I am deeply saddened that you did not give them an opportunity to hear and evaluate all the candidates.

Very truly yours,

Thomas V. Ognibene
Candidate 30th CD

1 comment:

AMIT said...

Its all about politics.We will never know the truth.

Alabama Drug Rehab