Thursday, July 3, 2008

MEMO TO THE TRANS FAT POLICE


Not only do you need a bank loan to pay for a day at the ball park but you may need a cardiologist too.
NYC Food Guy
NYC’s Most Delicious & Affordable Food
« Wondee Siam’s Pork Drunken Noodles (Key Mao Pork): Skimpy Portion & Undesirable Veggies
Lower East Side Feast: $28 All You Can Eat Ribs at Georgia’s Eastside BBQ & $4 Banana Pudding at sugar Sweet sunshine »
Eating at Shea Stadium: Nathan’s Foot Long Chili Cheese Dog & Nathan’s Fries
Unlike Dodger Dogs in Los Angeles, Chili Cheese Coneys in Cincinnati, or Garlic Fries in San Fran, Major League Baseball in New York is known more for its overpriced players than its overpriced stadium grub. Enter NYC Food Guy. I’m here to tell you that if you’re going to Shea Stadium the best bang for your buck may just be the $7 Nathan’s Chili Cheese Foot Long Hot Dog.

$7 for one hot dog is ridiculous, but this puppy is a meal. Beefy chili, artery clogging cheddar cheese sauce, and a plump, juicy dog (ask for a well done one). It’s obviously not as good as the Nathan’s in Coney Island, especially when it comes to the flimsy white bun, which collapsed under the weight of the dog and toppings. The dog is typical Nathan’s, not too snappy with a balanced flavor between garlic and beef. The chili is beefy and thin but works well with the overtly artificial cheese sauce, which was killing me slowly.

The fries ($5.00) are certainly Nathan’s style, but definitely not up to par. They’re never really crispy, even at the real Nathan’s, but most of the time at Shea they’re not only soggy but cold too. I’m a french fry addict, I have a hard time not getting them, but I will definitely pass on these next time I attend a Mets game and I suggest you do the same. Honorable mention to Leo’s Latticini (a.k.a Mama’s) Italian heroes which I hear are significantly better at the actual Corona, Queens store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful with your blog it is very useful to me.