Monday, September 9, 2013

Bill de Blasio Our Next Mayor


 By Rafael Martínez Alequín

After closely observing Mayor Bloomberg over his last three terms in office I have observed him say disparaging remarks about African American and Latinos.

When the City Council passed legislation against the mayor's "Stop and Frisk”, policy he recklessly stated “Whites are stopped more frequently than Black and Latinos, when Black and Latino commit more crimes.”

In New York  magazine he said: “he’s making an appear using his family to gain support. I think it’s pretty obvious to anyone watching what he’s been doing.”   Well, no, no, I mean "he’s making an appeal using his family to gain support. I think it’s pretty obvious to anyone watching what he’s been doing. I do not think he himself is racist. It’s comparable to me pointing out I’m Jewish in attracting the Jewish vote. You tailor messages to your audiences and address issues you think your audience cares about." Bloomberg made this statement to denounce de Blasio for including his wife Chirlane McCray and their two children in his television campaign advertisement. 

In response to Bloomberg's comments Governor Cuomo pointed out " It is ‘unnecessary and inflammatory’ for Mayor Bloomberg to call Bill de Blasio ‘racist’ for touting his biracial family. They are a beautiful family.  Individually each of the members of the family are truly special people  and I think he should be very proud of his family, and if I were Bill I would be campaigning with my family the way I campaign with my family." 

It seems to this writer the mayor engaged his tongue before using his brain. Is it possible the mayor is a closet racist? I ask, how many politician's have included their families in their campaigns? I applaud Governor Cuomo for his comments and support de Blasio in his campaign as well as his family. 

On Tuesday, September 10, I will cast my vote:

1-For Mayor : Bill de Blasio

2- Comptroller: Scott Stringer

3- Public Advocated: Letitia James

3 comments:

Jerry Krase said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerry Krase said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerry Krase said...

this is an example of why the people bloomberg rents to protect him from the public shudder when an open mike is near him. this is what happens when liberals become billionaires; they feel that the fact that they gave a donation to the naacp at some point in their life makes them immune to accusations of racism when they 'accidentally' make racist comments.